Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese Music Lesson

This post is from October 12, 2008.

Today we got a chance to visit a special place of the Forbidden City that is normally closed off to visitors. I guess they are in the middle of doing some restorations or something. There is a music school inside where we got to learn how to play some traditional Chinese instruments like the Erhu. It was pretty cool, they taught us how to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

I had to leave early to meet up with a language partner, so on the way out the lady that ran the school gave me a tour of this closed off section of the Forbidden City. It was really cool! I was the only person in the whole area. The lady told me that during the Olympics, the Chinese hosted a party for President Bush there.

No comments:

Post a Comment