Friday, January 30, 2009

Summer Palace


This post was from September 27, 2008.

Today I went to the Summer Palace for the second time with Nerys. I really love this place! It is so massive. We spent about 3.5 hours there, and we still didn't get to see everything. The Summer Palace surrounds a beautiful lake, and the view of it from the main palace is absolutely amazing!

There is a beautiful park on the north side of the Summer Palace that is a great place to have picnics. There are very nice trails that you can hike around and get some pretty nice views of the city.There is a lot of culture here in Beijing, and I'm glad I finally get to experience. These are places I've wanted to come visit since I was a kid. This has been a dream come true so far!
A view from Suzhou Street near the north gate of the Summer Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment