Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chinese New Year

This post was originally from January 27, 2008.

Happy new year everyone!!! It's now officially the year of the Ox, and it seems like it will be a good one! The night before last was Chinese New Year Eve and I must admit I've never seen anything like it before! I was told that Chinese families on average spend one month salary on fireworks, and I believe it. The 4th of July and Western New Year have nothing on Chinese New Year. Check out the video for proof. This was from the roof of our 6 story apartment, and it was like this all over the city all night!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there!
    Missing all these awesomeness makes
    me feel sad..!
    Enjoy the good life in Beijing and best wishes for niu nian!
    X, Wieteke

    ReplyDelete