Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ahhh, the Glory of Engrish Part 1

Now that my time in China is winding down (only have 5 weeks left) I figured I'd post some of the finest examples of Engrish I've seen since I've been here. This is part one, enjoy!
I apologize for the low quality of this photo but I took it from a distance with my iPhone (2mp camera ftw). Yes, this store's name is "Scat." Found this store in an underground shopping mall in Zhongguan Cun in Beijing.
This next pic I took from a menu at a very nice dinner-theater restaurant in Beijing. It was for some kind of wine if I remember correctly. I wonder what "luxury in the mouth" tastes like...
Found this near Houhai in Beijing.
An example of some of the fine delicacies available at the night market in Wangfujing, Beijing.
The "Perilous Hills" of the Forbidden City, pictured behind the sign, were literally 4 or 5 feet tall.
I've seen these trash cans at various tourist spots in different cities. Apparently they have special trash cans in case you want to throw away organisms (whatever that means).

That concludes part one of my "Ahhh, the Glory Of Engrish" series. Check back in the next few days for the next part in the series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment