Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ahhh, the Glory of Engrish Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my "Ahh, the Glory of Engrish" series! Enjoy!
Spotted this sign in Xi'an close to the famous Terracotta Warriors.
I don't personally know this woman, but I'm sure she really is a "Super Dad."
Found this in a magazine on the speed train between Beijing and Tianjin. The ad is for some sort of Chinese wine. The ad says "Chinese Confidence," and the really small print says "Brave the wind and waves and spend the time of hardships together." I think it's hilarious that they can get away with a message like that. "When life gets tough, just drink!"
Found this sign on the Crescent Moon Island. There are a lot of cool things to do there, like crab "wantching" "under night" or you can pay a visit to the "Woods of Tweedling Birds."
Not quite sure how they came up with "Interesting Game" instead of bowling.
I couldn't seem to find this place where you could walk in a ball on water. I'm sure it would have been fun though.
This sign was also on the Crescent Moon Island. This island was a gold mine of Engrish! It really is a beautiful island and I highly recommend visiting it :)
This sign needs no explanation.
This sounds like a place I would never want to visit.
It was hard to get a decent picture of this with my iPhone, but it says "Romantic Crystal Love."

Well that does it for part 2 of "Ahh, The Glory of Engrish." Keep checking back for the last part of the series. It should be up within a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment