Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ahhh, The Glory of Engrish Part III

Well, I got my computer back last night (YAY!). That was a nightmare in and of itself, and I hope that none of you ever have to deal with the Apple-certified tech repair people in Tianjin...ever! They will make everything as difficult for you as they possibly can (and that is not an exaggeration).

I digress. On to the purpose of this post; the finale of the "Ahhh, The Glory of Engrish" series. I know that you have all been eagerly awaiting this post. Well now here it is, enjoy!
Found this gem at the Beijing Zoo (near the panda exhibit). Love it!
Not sure what the "Spcial Produc ts" were that these people in Harbin were claiming they had a monopoly of, but they sure were proud of it!
Found this sign in Sun Island Park in Harbin.
Found this one in Sun Island Park as well. You'd think they would be able to find someone to translate these for them. Gotta respect their concern for nature though.
This picture was found on Huashan in Shanxi Province. Signs like this were all over the mountain. They provided a nice laugh as we made the trek up the mountain.
Another one of the Huashan signs. It reads "Take care the roiing stones"
The last of the signs from Hua mountain. It would seem this sign is warning of impending danger on the right side, but the edge of the cliff was actually to the left. What the sign is supposed to say is that the path is on the right.
Saw this in a magazine on my way from Tianjin to visit some friends in Beijing. I happened to be drinking some water when I first came across this and I almost shot it out of my nose.
These are on all of the new public buses throughout Tianjin. The English is almost a literal translation of the Chinese above it. You would think they would have found someone that could have done a better English translation.

Well that marks the end of the "Ahhh, The Glory of Engrish" series. I hope you enjoyed it! I'll post any more if I come across them but I only have 3 weeks left in China so I probably won't see anymore. I will be posting up some pictures of signs and things that I thought were funny that didn't necessarily fit into the Engrish category. Check back in a few days for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment